Jackie Chan Serenading You

I think all of the -isms in Disney’s Mulan are rectified with this magical video.

I tried to find the video with the lyrics so you could sing along but I have failed, unlike this video.

Fun fact: There’s a part where Jackie says “ddong cham ji”–in Korean, that sounds like “holding in…fecal matter.” Coincidence???

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bp-QANZulaA" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

Anyway, going along with the hate parade on Mulan, I heard from a Taiwanese-American friend that they get some of the cultural aspects wrong in the movie as well. For example, when they paint Mulan’s face white for the meeting with the matchmaker. My friend said that this is not part of Chinese culture. Also, she said something about how matchmakers were rare or the procedure wasn’t correct–but I was too distracted by Jackie Chan’s melodious voice to really pay attention to her.

Edit: I just noticed that I sort of exoticized Jackie Chan with the comment “magical video”–Jackie Chan is not magical–he is a real human being that eats, poops, and sashays through still water, just like you.

Edit: I just portrayed Jackie Chan as hyper-sexual with the term “sashay.” He lumbers across still water.

Edit: I just suggested that Jackie Chan was lazy with the term “lumbers.” He sprints across still water.